Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all

Anyone used Bacnet with control logix I the past
I am looking at a project where there will be 7 wilo pumps
With Bacnet that will be connected to a L72s plc

Just looking for good / bad etc

Donnchadh

If you Ethernet IP in the controller Reds Lion have a protocol converter that will do the BACnet conversion and vice versa for you - easiest way I think.

I've used this unit with good results recently. It takes a little bit of getting your head around the configuration, but once you work out how it's meant to work it's quite straightforward. The documentation and support was excellent, the configuration is done with a CSV file and downloaded via the onboard web server (which is also very good).

I wanted to use the in-chassis one that curlyandshemp posted above, but I didn't have a handy ControlLogix chassis to put it in. I would imagine that it would be even easier using one of those.

:edit: - when I say "didn't have a handy ControlLogix chassis", I mean that I had two ControlLogix PLC's that both needed the data independent of the other - so I couldn't put it in either of those as if one CLX was offline, the other still needed the data. I needed a standalone unit. I only clarify as your question was about BacNet to a Control Logix - so yes, I've had this unit talking to Control and Compact Logix PLC's very reliably, even routed across different subnets.

Last edited:
Hi all

Thanks for the info

I am to the automation fair so I will drop into prosoft and see what they say
As it is a clx with a L72 s processor but as always after the price has to be in

Donnchadh