Allen Bradley E3 Plus Field Start Wiring

remullis

Hi,

I have a drawing attached and I am needing to wire in a remote start switch. I have stop and jog. I am needing to seal in the starter via the E3, but not sure if i should wiring the switch across (1 and 1A) (1 and 14) or (3 and 2). Any help would be appreciated.

As a note, I am using Out A with Non Reversible type motors.

Thanks
Rich

The E3 is programmable, so it will depend on the programming inside of it. It uses what is called DeviceLogix for programming, accessible via your network connection or using a stand-alone device called a "DeviceNet Configuration Terminal" Cat. No. 193-DNCT.

All that said, why not just wire your Start button around the device that is up stream of your Stop button? Your photo is too fuzzy to read what it is, but I assume it is some remote control device now.

Yes that was basically my question. The contact block before the stop button is a soft bit used out of the plc via wonderware. However its latch is in the logic using the runningstat. I need to latch across aux contacts which appear to be the "M" contact between wire 1 and 14 to IN1. I went into the DeviceNet and into the editor but it does not pull up an existing routine for the E3 but it has been used in the past for stop and jog. Thanks.