Backing Up An OP27 Programme

Ken Baynham

After recently finding out that you can't uploading a project from a OP27 or the OP25 using the software. Is there anyway of copying/writing a project from the siemens memory card to a laptop???

Use the Prosave utility to make a backup of the OP27 program that is presently on the unit.
This backup cannot be opened by Protool for editing, if that is what you are after. It can only be loaded onto another OP27.

Hi pp,
I remember vaguely that an older version of Prosave (dos based) could back up an OP25. This is from memory and I am not 100% sure about it.

edit:
Upon further pondering I think that the ability to upload came with the "7" series (ie. OP7, OP17, TD27 etc.)

And more:
What Ken is after is probably to open the file in Protool. If it is all about moving the file to a new OP25 then he can use the memory card that he has allready. Unfortunately the file on the unit can not be opened in Protool.

Last edited:
Hi Jesper/PP

Thanks for info.

Thought that was what we did but will try again.

Thanks again for prompt reply,

Cheers,

Ken.

Ken,
for the OP25 there is a small chance that you can back up the program so that it can be loaded to another OP25.
If so you need a flash card inserted in the unit, AND there must be a function configured on the panel somewhere to initiate a backup to the memory card. Unfortunately this function cannot be reached unless it has been configured in the application (on a button for example).
There is a good chance that there is such a function if the panel was configured with the default project from Siemens.
Maybe there is a button with an icon that looks like THIS:
[attachment]

edit: I just figured that as there is a memory card, then the application must be on it allready (how stupid of me).

opbuttonbackup.gif

Last edited:
Hi Again,

This solution would be fine for OP25 and OP27.

Have not been that involved with Siemens and really only need to ensure I have backups of all programs at this stage.

Will check it out,

Thanks again,

Ken.

Ken,
you have backups allready - the memory cards that are in the OP25 and the OP27.

If you need additional backups:

For the OP25, you must move the program to the internal FLASH on the unit. This is only possible if this function is programmed into the application. Try to see if there is a button with an icon where the arrow points in the other direction (towards the OP). If you can do that, then you can insert a fresh memory card in the OP and copy the program from the internal FLASH to the card. You must use the button I told you about in the previous post (if it exists).

For the OP27, you can do the same or you can use the Prosave utility.

I have to also upload program from OP 25 and download it to another OP25. The Prosave 7.1 does not support this OP. I read it your replies and the only way for me is finding icon - function and use memory card. What kind of memory I need. This OP I will see in a couple days and I'd like to be prepared.
I am not sure if I am right, but I do not need any software and any cable connection to do that - just memory card
Thanks fo reply
Pawel