WinCC Prof. TIA portal 13 - Redundancy

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
I had an installation with a single user system. All I did to download the project from my laptop (ES) to the operator PC (OS) was to make a shared folder in the OS and download to file system from my PC to that directory. All was well until the project grew and the client requested to add a second redundant server. I am trying to figure how to do this setup. I do set in the runtime settings that the project is redundant and I also set the other server name.
How am I supposed to transfer the project to the two PCs? Regarding the setup of the redundant servers I looked into siemens application note 87054082 but it is not really hepful.

Regarding the download I fail to be able to hit the download button and get the project transfered to the OS. I remember I did it once but it was a nightmare setting up user and user rights and so on.

I tried to do this again by following the instructions of FAQ 88780011 but with no success. I managed to have a directory in the OS PC where I can have RW access from my lapto, however when I try to download I get an error in the compliler which says "THe target path in the operator station is invalid".

I also wanted some guidance to whether I need to use an XBD file for the PCs.

Note that the PCs are regular PCs and not Simatic iPCs

Regards

Hi,

When we do HMI, we do not have any active components in the HMI. So if we have multiple stations, they can work in parallel and just show the same information.

Do you need to set redundancy at all?