TIA Portal WinCC V13 prof with CompactLogix CPU

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I am connecting an 1769-L36ERM to a WinCC V13 professional SCADA using Ethernet IP.
I checked the ST80 Siemens HMI catalog and WinCC supports this PLC. My question is if this is ok with a standard Ethernet network adapter. I ask because in the catalog at the far left it says that the PC interface should be a CP1612 A2.
I know that this is not a fancy network adapter but I thought I should double check.

Regard Nik

WinCC_EthernetIP.jpg

If you are using an IPC from Siemens, it will work without any extra communication cards needed.

If you are using some random computer, I think Siemens has a list of the ethernet interface cards that they support, somewhere. I think it covers most of the common options. The last few laptops I've used all came with an Intel 82579LM ethernet card, and it works just fine.

My guess is that the CP1612 is listed as an option for someone who doesn't have an Ethernet card in their machine at all, and wants to add one.