You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 7th, 2017, 10:01 AM   #1
rootcon
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

PlantPAX 3.5 FactoryTalk View ME

I have a P_AIn faceplate on the HMI. I also added the P_AIChan with the Cfg_AIChan object selected. When I try to navigate to the AIChan faceplate it will not properly resolve. Is there a P_AIChan global object or some other file I need to add?
Old December 7th, 2017, 12:38 PM   #2
rankhornjp
United States

In studio where you add the Global Objects Parameter, you need to fill out the 2nd box in order for that to work. (1st box is the tagname, 2nd box is the path) Then on the Engineering tab of the AIn faceplate you add the tagname of the AIChan object. When you click on the AIChan it takes the path (from the 2nd box) and the Tagname (from the engineering tab) and puts them together to open the AIChan faceplate.

Also, make sure that you have added the AIChan faceplate to the display objects.

Last edited by rankhornjp; December 7th, 2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old December 7th, 2017, 01:10 PM   #3
rootcon
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Yeah I just got off the phone with Rockwell and that' s what they said to do with the #103 Global Parameter. It did not work. I ended up having to configure a new Globally Scoped Object in the PLC to get this to work as intended. The Tech support guy mentioned that sometimes it works and Sometimes it does not.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum