PlantPax 5 Motor Object Issue

zainkt

Dear Members,

Hello, we are working on a project and facing an issue with the plantpax 5 PMTR library, we have a bidirectional motor, which has 2 DI's forward limit and reverse limit, but that functionality is not available on the PMTR block and also Operator commands are not accessible to us for use in logic, we need to stop the motor on forward and reverse limit in operator mode, any solutions??

I've only used version 3 & 4, can you use interlocks for the limit switches?
Tried doing it, but we have kept it on one-shot plus since interlock cannot be on all the time once limit reaches, the problem with that approach is that the operator might again start the motor once its stopped by the interlock (since its a pulse signal ).

I don't have a P controller to try this on sadly, but do not understand why you can't use the interlock block?

Why can't you have two interlocks where you AND forward limit and forward state as well as reverse limit and reverse state? If the operator hits the interlock, he has to change direction and the interlock will no longer apply.

Does this make sense?

Sounds like your limit switch is the problem. Why would it be a one-shot? If you're still at the limit it should still be on.

What if you latch the limit signals, then unlatch when an opposite motion occurs? And like cardosocea says, use separate FWD & REV interlocks; if this were v4 I would use the P_MotorRev which has inputs for each direction.

Guys I have found this solution, test bool and tota are both dummy limit switches, and tag1 is the interlock for the bi directional motor, its working for now, restricting the motor from starting forward again, will test it with actual hardware tomorrow.* Fingers crossed *
interlocking.jpg

This will not be healthy for the motor. you will turn it on and immediately turn it off. This block does have less functionality than previous ones and I would simply add a delay to the signal going to the actual output to ensure that your contactor never actually moves.

I could swear it used to have a direction selection and then a start button which would give you the selected direction as the interlock input.