Pop up display FT View Studio

Andrew Hardy

I have a PV+ 1500 programmed using FT Studio ME. I have created some pop up displays which allow the operator to confirm the action or cancel. The operator presses the start button on the screen. This is a go to screen button, with the screen type set to 'on top'. This opens the 'are you sure?' window. The cancel button is a close display button, no problems there it works fine. The accept button is a macro button. The macro starts the action, records the time and date, and who was logged on when the button was pressed and also needs to close the pop up display. I can't find a 'close display' macro button so I have to set the RemoteDisplayTag to the value of the screen the original start button is on. Because the Remote DisplayTag is then non zero the operator can't navigate off that screen. To get around that problem I run a condition script on the screen so whenever it opens it clears the RemoteDisplayTag to 0.

Problem is it only works some of the time so at random I'm left with a non navigable HMI o_O

Does anyone have a better way of creating pop up windows? or is there a macro command I'm not aware of?

Thanks

Is the popup only used on one screen? If so, you can instead use a window on top in the form of a display object, square with buttons in it, with visibility connected to buttons. This way you'll avoid display navigation problems, since you don't navigate away from the display.

Are you setting the Remote Display Number in the PLC or HMI? Remote Display Number is for use in PLC, Replace Display number for HMI.

The pop up displays are all from one screen, but there are 10 of them (pop ups) in total for different functions.

The RemoteDisplayTag is set in the HMI. I assumed Replace Display would close the original screen and open a new one - the pop up is a lot smaller than the original as it only has 2 buttons on it.

Hi Andrew,

We normally use the 'Replace Display Number' to READ the current screen back to the PLC and the 'Remote Display Number' to WRITE to the HMI. Normally check in the PLC if 'Remote Display Number' NEQ 0 then MOV 0 to 'Remote Display Number' (after (say) a 1 second delay) to return navigation control back to the operator. Obviously relies on all screens having unique screen numbers within their configuration. You can also use the 'Close All On Top Displays' tag to one shot from the PLC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rob