Newbie needs help wiring up output side of PLC

ringox1

Hello

I have an AB micrologix 500 plc 24vdc. Its powered from a seperate 24v PSU. Im trying to wire up the outputs to this and would like to ask for some help to do so to avoid blowing the thing up :p

The output terminals are mareked as follows.

VAC/DC, O/0, VAC/DC, 0/1, 24VDC+, O/2, O/3, 24VDC-.

In that order.

Am I correct to assmuse that you plug 24vdc+ into the 24vdc+ terminal from straight the power supply. And 24vdc- into the 24vdc- terminal straight from the power supply. Doing it like this what does it make the polarity of O/2 and O/3?

Also with the VAC/DC terminals can i just plug 24vdc+ into them and get 24vdc- from 0/0? and 0/1?

Hope this makes sense to someone :) any help would be much appreciated :) Thank you for taking the time to read my question :)

I'm going to assume that you men a Micrologix 1500.

You need to remember your fundamentals. The current has to pass from the power supply, through the switch, through the load, and then back to the power supply. You need a complete circuit, and the function of the PLC output is to control whether or not there is continuity of power to the load by opening or closing the output.

The model of 1500 you indicate with the terminal labels apparently has two isolated outputs (meaning they have their own connection to the power source) and outputs that share a common (a common connection to the power source internally connected to one side of the output "switch").

The manual for the PLC has connection diagrams. Look at them for more assistance.

the 500 threw me too but I knew one model of the 1000 labeled outputs in that fashion so used it as the reference.

Thanx for the help :)

Ill have a bit of a play around with it but you guys have pretty much cleared it up thanx :) If i get stuck ill post again :)