Melsec F12/20 PLC to PC communication

alex fraser

I have managed to purchase F2-GF1Interface unit and SC-03-S1Lead to communicatefrom PC to PLC using Medoc Propec V1.51 Dos software.Testing ok I have managed to download program to PLC and make changes but when I go to monitor mode and Hit F8 as software recommends decimal and Monitor appears on display bar and then after 5 seconds No reply from Plc message.

Can anyone help

Cheers AL

Alex

I have not used this exact model but with the really old Mitsubishi F series processors you need to insert a ROM chip into the PLC before you mount the comms unit. These chips should have come with the module but you probably did not realise what they were for. You might need to try each one until you find the right chip.

Andy

Timeout

Hi!

Not sure if what i suggest conserns your equipment... but read it anyway!

When i program the old F1 and F2 PLC's and using my new laptop, i have to set the timeout for communications.
I get the problem when i try to download the program to the PLC. It has something to do with that new PC's are relatively faster than the old PLC.... (something like that)

To set the timeout for medoc, you have to add "Tn" where n is timeout in seconds, after the medoc.exe command.
So if you want a 5 sec timeout, edit the startupcommand in the medoc icon to: "C:\MEDOC\MEDOC.EXE T5"

Not sure if this was your problem..... but i explained it anyway!

Andybr said:
Alex

I have not used this exact model but with the really old Mitsubishi F series processors you need to insert a ROM chip into the PLC before you mount the comms unit. These chips should have come with the module but you probably did not realise what they were for. You might need to try each one until you find the right chip.

Andy
Hi Andy,

Thanks very much for reply.I never received any chips ROM chips with the
Interface unit.Do you think the Rom chips are fitted inside PLC and the interface unit does recognise the PLC and communicates uploading and downloading the Program successfully.

Thanks once again
Alex

NorthControl said:
Hi!

When i program the old F1 and F2 PLC's and using my new laptop, i have to set the timeout for communications.
I get the problem when i try to download the program to the PLC. It has something to do with that new PC's are relatively faster than the old PLC.... (something like that)

To set the timeout for medoc, you have to add "Tn" where n is timeout in seconds, after the medoc.exe command.
So if you want a 5 sec timeout, edit the startupcommand in the medoc icon to: "C:\MEDOC\MEDOC.EXE T5"

Hi,
Thanks very much for feedback.Do you have to fit a ROM chip before monitoring as I have only the connection from serial Port of PC thro SC-03
lead and on to the Interface that identifies the type of PLC indicated by LED.I managed to upload and download program ok but unable to monitor(i will give the feedback from yourself a try).Are you managing to monitor ok from the software?
Look forward to further feedback
Thanks Alex

Hmmmm

Well, i really had the opposite problem..... that i got the problem when i was downloading the program. The monitor func worked fine.
However the other day i used a gsm modem to monitor a plc, then i HAD to use the timeout setting! I guess the modem caused further "delay".
I never experienced that you had to put any ROMs into the plc to make communications work.... Since you can up and download, i don't understand why monitor doesn't work!

But again, i don't know everything (unfortunately) so it might be possible!

By the way, there are a lot of settings like the "T5" command, but unfortunately you need an old medoc manual to get those!
I only know the T one.

Alex

I have checked our GF1 and the ROM chips are for the F20 and F40 PLCs. There is no mention of an F12.

Unable to modify timeout setting in Medoc software

NorthControl said:
Hi!

Have tried to add timeout but unable to do so.Do I need editing software to modify exe file.
Appreciate further advice.
Thanks Alex

T5

Right click the MEDOC icon, click properties:

MEDOC_ICON.JPG

At least that's what i had to do to make it work