You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 2nd, 2018, 10:55 AM   #1
RH68
United States

AB Micro800 plug in module wiring confusion

Hello,
I am using a Micro820 PLC for the first time and am confused by how the plug-in modules are supposed to be wired. I am using 2 of the 2080-IQ4OB4 modules that each have 4 inputs and 4 outputs. I need to wire the inputs as sinking and outputs as sourcing.

My confusion is that terminal block Pin A3 and A4 are both labeled COM, but the documentation does not say if one is COM for the inputs and one COM for the outputs. And if so, which is which. There is also a 24V+ pin and a 24V- pin. I assume I need to connect to both of these.

Since I am using sourcing outputs, I think I need to give 24V+ to one of the COM pins. Likewise, since I am using sinking inputs I think I need 0V to one of the COM pins.

Does anyone have experience with these and know how to wire them? The AB manual is here: http://literature.rockwellautomation...m004_-en-e.pdf

Unfortunately it gives no wiring examples.

Thanks for the help!
Old January 2nd, 2018, 12:44 PM   #2
damica1
United States

Here's a link
http://literature.rockwellautomation...n-p.pdf#page=5

And see the answer from Rockwells website in the pdf

Marshall Electric / https://mei-tech.com/monitor-and-control

Please Download from our download section "Monitor and Control" .pdf.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum