Problem converting number from string text to integer

jendrus

Hello folks,

Using AB RSLogix micro..

I have a 6 digit ASCII text string and Im looking to convert the 4 most significant digits to an integer using the ACI instruction, problem is that I get overflow errors because sometimes the conversion exceeds the 32767 limit..anyone have any idea how to extract the leftmost characters of the string so that I can then convert to integer

Thanks for your help

Similar Topics

Hello, I've got a problem when converting my old PanelBuilder aplication to the new FTView ME plataform due to the need of replacing my PanelView...
Replies
Views
It's been a while that I can't convert one of my program on concept using concept converter. When I try converting it, it pops an error (ERROR...
Replies
Views
hi all i have problems when i try to convert s5 program to s7 the problem is db0 this is the code that contain the error Segment 3 of 8 :JU...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am inquiring if anyone else has had this issue, I have talked with rockwell tech connect and even they have been unable to resolve yet...
Replies
Views
i have a program at work on a very large line. i was trying to change a value of a constant number.( emov E10 d5282 ). there are many rungs of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom