VMware Workstation Player - Moving virtual machines.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I want to move a virtual machine from computer A to computer B. I've done this several times in the past.
I used to get the "Moved it o Copied it" question in the past, but I am not getting it now. Also, Windows is not activated on the virtual machine on computer B, but it was on the virtual machine on computer A.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

I moved a VM using VMware 12.5.9 last week and got the "Moved it or Copied it" question. I think Windows was already activated on it too. So I'm not sure why you're having this problem. Which version of VMware are you using? Did you install a new version/upgrade/install any software updates recently?

I managed to make the "Moved it or Copied it" show up again. I selected "Moved it".
Now the problem is that the guest OS (Windows 7) claims that I have 3 days to activate it, when on the original host it was already activated. First time this happens to me.
Has anybody experienced this before?

Once, I bought a license off eBay for around £2, delivered in 1 minute, it worked, was no drama.
Effective approach, but you need to buy a license every time you move your virtual machine. The "Moved it" option was not thought that way.

After a few tests, I found out that some VMs could be moved without altering the guest Windows activation, some not. I didn't have the time to look for a pattern, though.