Dvc 6200

RY_Guthrie

WE have several fisher DVC 6200 that will not allow us to force a signal to the I to P, such as we cannot send 4 milliamps to the it, we get a error and a code. Has anyone seen this issue? And if so what is the fix? thanks

WE have several fisher DVC 6200 that will not allow us to force a signal to the I to P, such as we cannot send 4 milliamps to the it, we get a error and a code. Has anyone seen this issue? And if so what is the fix? thanks

Fisher DVC 6200 is the I/P to control the valve. How are you trying to force the signal ? Is there a PLC connected to it (I would presume a PLC or some sort of controller).

I suggest you provide more details so someone can help.

I is connected to a control logix processor but we are using a hart communicator (475) to force the signal or run an auto calibration on it. That is the most common way to do this with these valves that I have ran into.

I is connected to a control logix processor but we are using a hart communicator (475) to force the signal or run an auto calibration on it. That is the most common way to do this with these valves that I have ran into.

Yes fair enough. I wasn't sure you had a HART communicator. Never had issue with a HART and stroking it in test mode if you can HART can see it.

The manual is here:
https://www.emerson.com/documents/a...00-hw1-digital-valve-controller-en-125460.pdf

The first page says, "The product covered in this document is no longer in production." So you're dealing with something old enough to break. Is there some reason you think it's not broken?

DVC 6200 that will not allow us to force a signal to the I to P, such as we cannot send 4 milliamps to the it
Forcing 4mA is a function done by the PLC controller, by forcing the analog output. An alternative is to use a HART communicator using the test mode to stroke the valve (which does not use the mA input).

HART-control-mode-or-test-mode-for-stroking-the-valve.jpg

we get a error and a code. Has anyone seen this issue? And if so what is the fix? thanks

Has anyone seen what? My crystal ball can not see the error code. You need to look up the error code in the manual and see what it means.

Troubleshooting starts on page 109. There are several things that can cause a positioner to not work (like the control mode is not "analog"). You need to systematically work through the troubleshooting items.

There's a technical support checklist on page 111. Look at #3. Do the voltages on your positioner match those given?