1756 net eni to serial on a pl5

Kenneth_Horn

Can I hook an Allen Bradley 1756-net-eni device to a 25 pin serial on an Allen Bradley PLC5 processor. Putting in an ethernet card at this time is not an option in the rack. What would be my mini pinout wiring to the serial 25 pin on the plc 5 for ethernet connection to my office desktop? thanks

Hi

I have seen this on a plc I work on so yes it can be done
But sorry I don't have the pin out. I am on that site next Monday
If you don't have it by then I could bell it out and get it for you.

Donnchadh

Yes, it will work.

You must switch the PLC-5 serial port to CRC error checking; the default is BCC and the Net-ENI uses CRC only. Set the serial port baud rate to the highest available; usually 19200.

The best cable is just a 1761-CBL-PM02 (the ordinary MicroLogix cable) with a generic 25/9 pin adapter.