AB Micrologix 1200 programming

RSLogix Microscopically obscure?

keithkyll said:
Your link is for the RSLogix 500 versions that support several lines. I'm looking for the special, low cost version of RSLogix 500 for MicroLogix only.
Part number starts with RLM instead of just RL.

Looking for exactly the same thing Steve Bailey asked in 2009.

Steve Bailey said:
Other than $370.00, what's the difference between RS Logix 500 Micro 9324-RLM0100ENE and RS Logix 500 Micro Development 9324-RLM0800ENE?

It is getting harder to find any information on the ageing RSLogix Micro Editions. I suspect that as they move forward, the MicroLogix family of controllers are intentionally being obscured from Rockwell's mainstream media. They will, of course, continue to provide the MicroLogix only editions of the software, but in a more discrete manner.

The feature comparison table for the RSLogix Micro Starter (9324-RLM0100ENE) and Developer (9324-RLM0800ENE) Editions is in the same old Product Profile PDF document as it's always been in. It's just that it has moved home a couple of times...

The PDF file is attached to the end of this technote...

55967 - RSLogix 500 Micro Starter, Developer, and Lite
Access Level: Everyone

As for the free RSLogix Micro Starter Lite Edition? It has been dropped from further development since several editions ago. The latest and last edition it was made available at is v8.30. If you have a MicroLogix 1000 or 1100 and require a v9.x or newer program, then you must purchase and use RSLogix Micro Starter minimum.

To download RSLogix Micro Starter Lite v8.30, you must use the Product Compatibility and Download Center (PCDC) and search for MicroLogix 1100. Then select v10.000 from the list and proceed to DOWNLOADS. Then Select Files and from the Available Downloads popup window choose RSLogix Micro Starter Lite w/o RSLinx (ZHE) and proceed to download the software.

Even though you've selected v10, the Lite selection only downloads as v8.30.

You may also notice that the old links to the MicroLogix downloads page no longer work and instead redirect you to the shiny new "and improved" Rockwell Software page for "RSLOGIX", no less. No mention, whatsoever, of the RSLogix Micro Editions there.

Perhaps eventually we will be forced to purchase RSLogix 500 Starter as a minimum and the Micro editions may dissapear altogether?

Regards,
George