Step 7 deactivating profinet devices in hardware config

iansabey

Hello,

I have a Step7 5.5 project with a large number of profinet devices which will be activated/deactivated from time to time. I can use SFC12 to do the (de)activation but if the PLC restarts, all devices are activated. As there are more to deactivate than activate it would be best if they were deactivated by default. In the hardware config there is a column "Initial State" which is "Activated" for all devices. Is there a way of changing this so that some have an initial state of Deactivated?

Many thanks

Ian

Indirect answer:
Perhaps call SFC12 on each of the startup OBs (100, 101, 102) to achieve the same effect. Would this accomplish what you intend?

Hello,

I remember there's a something called Remaining marks(maybe this is not the correct name, i'm traslating from the spanish name Marcas Remanentes), which is used to keep the last status in the next start, you have to change the outputs for marks and configurate it to be reamaining marks. i've read you want them to be all deactivated in the next start... but if the last value works too, remaining marks would be a good option.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am already using FB126 and pniodiag but I'm trying to avoid having to spend several minutes pushing buttons. Even calling FC12 repeatedly in the program would take many seconds.
I'm fairly sure at some time in the distant past I've seen a HW config with some of the devices greyed out and with an initial state of deactivated.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am already using FB126 and pniodiag but I'm trying to avoid having to spend several minutes pushing buttons. Even calling FC12 repeatedly in the program would take many seconds.
I'm fairly sure at some time in the distant past I've seen a HW config with some of the devices greyed out and with an initial state of deactivated.

I was thinking the same thing. I know there is a way to do it in Portal with 1500's (there is a checkbox for "optional device"), but I couldn't find any similar settings in Simatic Manager.