You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old January 17th, 2022, 10:24 AM   #1
sparkie
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Altivar 21 drive - PC Soft - SoMove

Hey everyone. Hope you all are enjoying the new year.

I have a pair of Altivar 21 HVAC drives, and I suspect a bad analog input on one of them. As a part of this repair, I'm going to talk the customer into purchasing a PC communications kit with the new drive, an Altivar 212.

I see their older software is "PC Soft", and I can't seem to find a download of it. I basically want to pull all of the parameters out of the known-working drive so that I can more accurately make a config for SoMove, or even convert it over if SoMove will allow it.

SE has removed the download from their site as far as I can tell, and hasn't left a legacy link, which is either absolute nonsense, or I'm blind. Could be either, to be honest.

Anyway, does anyone have a copy of PC Soft or a link to download it?

Also, these drives aren't on a modbus network. Do I *need* their connection kit, or can I make the cable myself? I do have the components to make serial cables. I have RJ11, RJ45 and DB9 connectors and breakout boards. Here is a picture of the card.

Last edited by sparkie; January 17th, 2022 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Adding picture
Old January 17th, 2022, 11:46 PM   #2
chud
South Africa

What is the application of the current atv21? And is it on a existing network? If not why not just get the atv212 and program from fresh? Not a lot of settings to enter to get it running
Old January 18th, 2022, 09:02 AM   #3
sparkie
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Can't isn't the issue per say. It's that you can compare parameters much more quickly and accurately via software. The intent is also to leave them with the ability to transfer parameters on a new drive via software, which should have been done in the initial construction of this system. It isn't a random VFD on a conveyor belt. It's for a community water supply system.

Looks like I'm going to have to do it that way, which is what it is. The original installer is no where around now. When I leave it there will be a USB drive with the software, the parameters for the new drive and any other important notes on it, along with a printout of the changed parameters to go into the cabinet.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum