Reader-Cheater Safety Glasses

RTEC_PAC

Not directly PLC related, sorry, but I believe I'm ok to ask this question at this forum.
I'm a Controls Engineer, programming PLCs, HMIs etc. I use cheater-glasses (readers), and I bought a couple pair of safety readers. The problem I'm having is that all the safety readers have a very small (dime-sized) corrective area in the lens. My non-safety readers have a lens that is ~ 2in x 1in, so that's the size of the corrective area of the lens I'm hoping to find.
I feel like I'm peering through binoculars when trying to use my safety readers. I'm poking around on Google and some industrial safety sites, it seems this dime-sized style is all that's out there.
Has anyone run into the same problem and maybe found a solution?
Thank you all.

BF43__43667.1493231913.jpg

Why dont you go get a prescription? I have several different ones, I have a PC set really big but they are good for close and arms length and the reading is about the size of a quarter, a good doctor will make you anything you need/want/pay for and they can have them made in safety lenses.

I do like G.I.T.

Prescription tri-focals to be exact. Reading, Dashboards/monitors and Distance in a Z87 frame. Plus I make SURE to get them UV coated - that helps loads when working around welders.

A good pair cost me about $300 last time, and I'm due for another pair i get about every 2 years.

Also, for reading glasses, I have about 6 pairs from the dollar store sitting around everywhere J.I.C.

I'm like GIT, I have one set that are progressive lenses set for 5 feet or less, I use these for coding on the laptop. Another "standard" set with progressive lenses.

You can get non-prescription progressive lenses, that way you can have more or less magnification as needed. Well worth the money.

Getting old sucks, does it not?

My mom told me I'd go blind....She was right too.

I have a set that they call Double D. I find that with regular progressives or bifocals my neck is craned back reading terminal numbers and when they are above my eyeline or near the floor that is nearly impossible. So they put another magnifier section on the top third of the glasses and normal vision in the middle. They look odd from the outside but they are great once you try them