ML-1400 to CompactLogix L33ER messaging

Yacineg

I am trying to read a block of data from an ML-1400. The data is in the form of floating-point numbers. I am only able to read only 59 numbers using 1 message instruction. I have to read about 195 numbers. What can I do to read all the numbers using 1 message instruction? We are currently using 3 message instructions to read the same data.

Last edited:
Is your MSG instruction being executed in the MicroLogix or the CompactLogix ?

What is the exact address or format of your data ?

236 bytes of payload sounds like it's under the usual limit for PCCC or EtherNet/IP frames, but I don't have those limits at my fingertips, except for the classic 510 byte CIP frame payload limit.

The obvious answer is "keep using three MSG instructions" but I'm curious about how this limit expresses itself. Does the MSG fail with an error code, or do you get an error message in RSLogix when you try to enter the addresses and sizes ?

Thank you.
The MSG instruction is being executed in the CompactLogix.

The address for the MSG instruction is the float file in the MicroLogix.

The MSG fails with an error code. The error code also has some text, both of which I am not able to recollect right now.