SLC 5/05 With 1747-SN and PanelView

For Clarification is the Panelview running PB32 Software you mentioned in the Original
post opening the PBA in Factory talk View ME. I know you can convert PB32 to FTVME
with the conversion tools in FTVME but thats not the same as looking at a PB32 FILE.
What is the scope of the project, Replace the 2711 HMI and go with a different brand.

Yes I believe the Panelview is running PB32 software given the age of the system. I do believe that FTVME is limiting my ability to view the block builder for the M files.

The scope of this project is to replace the dated PanelView with a Wonderware standalone InTouch application.

The data is very likely being moved into local memory as a block transfer. Use cross reference to trace that data back through the copies to see where it is coming from.

It is me again !

As far as I know, you need the .pba file in order to open the project in Panelbuilder32.
.pva is the compiled runtime.

That being said, it should actually be possible to start a new empty project in Panelbuilder32, and then upload the project from the PV1000.
This is a neat feature you dont see in most other manufacturers HMIs.

I also agree with roxusa that maybe the best solution is to ditch the PV1000 and go for an uptodate HMI that is on ethernet.
It will require some reverse engineering.
If this plant or machine must stay alive for many more years, I would not waste much effort in an obsolete panel running on an obsolete protocol.

edit: Oh, that is actually the plan as I can see from your last post.

Bye !

The data is very likely being moved into local memory as a block transfer. Use cross reference to trace that data back through the copies to see where it is coming from.

Sparkie,

Unfortunately there are no BTW or BTR instructions in any of the logic. The data appears to be coming in directly through the M0 and M1 data files.

So this PVA Terminal is getting the integer files from 4 block transfers
N110:0 Write Length 64
N111:0 Read Length 64
N112:0 Write Length 60
N113:0 Read Length 60

I have used RIO this way but used the standard BTW/BTR function Blocks
not the COP instruction to the M file
I'm still a little unsure what end result you want,
Do you want to replace this HMI and re write one (preferably Ethernet)

The 2 -Quarter racks in the G file must be the other equipment running on RIO
The Panelview is the full rack, All the addresses in the HMI can be used in the new HMI
on Ethernet and the Block transfers to the HMI could be eliminated. I am not familiar with wonder ware HMI , if that is what you are updating to. I have replaced 2711 Panelview standard running RIO with both 2711p and with Weintek HMI's over Ethernet. Apparently
you are going to re design the HMI

atwell3993,

I have opened your attached PB32 file and copied the Tags from the Tag Editor to an excel .csv
Hope it helps...

As far as I know, you need the .pba file in order to open the project in Panelbuilder32.
.pva is the compiled runtime.

That might be the case with older version of PanelBuilder32.
I have the latest and last version 03.83.01 released by RA and it works well opening either .pba or .pva files.