Backup restore problem

kakenga

I have just received a backup file through email which I need to restore in my S7-300 CPU (with MMC).
The back up file has a .zip extension. I am using TAI PORTAL V13 SP1.
First I wanted to retrieve the file, create a project and then download it to the cpu. When I try to retrieve this file, the program can not find the file. It does not recognize it. Please advise.

It sounds like the .zip file is an archived project from Simatic Manager so I'd guess that you need to use Simatic Manager rather than TIA Portal.

It may be possible to extract the contents of the .zip file and then import the project to TIA Portal but this is not guaranteed to work and the original program must be 100% error free and consistent prior to import in TIA Portal.

Nick