Backup and Restore DB Values - Siemens 1500

russg

Hi,

Do any of you know of a tool that can easily backup and restore parameters from DBs?

It would be helpful if it was easy to compare the backup version with the online version.

I know you can do a backup of actual values from the PLC, but I want a way to back up a parameter list from multiple PLCs, compare and then restore if needed.

Thanks

You want to make an offline/online comparison of specific DBs, and in case there are differences, perform a backup and/or restore on these DBs.

Due to the optimized blocks and typically symbolic access to variables in S7-1500, I don't think there is a 3rd party product for such functionality.
I think that only the TIA Portal can do what you want.
I don't think there is a functionality in TIA to automate this.

You could program your own if you have an HMI that is connected to the PLC or PLCs.
I have something similar with my WinCC HMIs. Using VBS scripts I have a backup and restore function for certain DBs. I dont have a comparison function, but I think it would not be too hard to program.

You want to make an offline/online comparison of specific DBs, and in case there are differences, perform a backup and/or restore on these DBs.

Due to the optimized blocks and typically symbolic access to variables in S7-1500, I don't think there is a 3rd party product for such functionality.
I think that only the TIA Portal can do what you want.
I don't think there is a functionality in TIA to automate this.

You could program your own if you have an HMI that is connected to the PLC or PLCs.
I have something similar with my WinCC HMIs. Using VBS scripts I have a backup and restore function for certain DBs. I dont have a comparison function, but I think it would not be too hard to program.

Thanks Jesper.

I think you are right. It is something I will need to develop somehow, either via the HMI or a SCADA system. TIA Openess may be another option that I could use.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Jesper.

I think you are right. It is something I will need to develop somehow, either via the HMI or a SCADA system. TIA Openess may be another option that I could use.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dependig of how much variables you have. Isn't it possible to code awfully lot of moves to FC to copy wanted variables to another db-area. Then comparing these saved and actual DB-values on PLC side?

Or recipes on HMI?

Dependig of how much variables you have. Isn't it possible to code awfully lot of moves to FC to copy wanted variables to another db-area. Then comparing these saved and actual DB-values on PLC side?
That could be a way to do it. But it does require that the PLC programs are changed.

Or recipes on HMI?
Saving and restoring, yes. But the comparison, I dont know.

A combination of recipes, and comparison in the PLC could be a solution.