IEC TIME in Wincc Flexible 2008 &MP277

sinuhe

Hello everyone.

I'm working on STEP7 +Wincc Flexible 2008 with S7300 PLC and MP277 HMI.
I need to put out on the HMI some tags that are in IEC TIME format.
I've tried to use 'date and time' and IO fields but it failed because this fields expect "date and time" data field.
I also have tried to find some converting FC's but there is no direct conversion. Im' sure there is some quick answer on this, or maybe isn't??

Hi
IEC Time is simply milliseconds. So, on HMI create your data entry object then use linear scaling on the tag to multiply by 1000 to make a 'seconds' entry

I do it slightly different to get it with 0.1 second resolution.
Tag is type DINT.
Tag scaling is PLC=0..1000, HMI=0..10.
In i/o-field the decimal is offset with 1 position.

That is nice idea, but I don't think that the user would be satisfied looking at the "Estimated time to end of process: 275483s" ;)
I've found out that there is a FC1 AD_DT_TM and it returns DATE AND TIME, so i'll try to add to my IEC TIME variable, a dummy DATE AND TIME variable. Fortunately I don't need DATE to be showed on HMI.

Of course is not;) Process taked about 4h. It is still crazy 14400s. Second thing is that, that there are some steps of this process can take seconds or tenths of minutes.

why not simply create a box for hr min and sec. calculate the msec for each and add up.

for read out of elapsed do the reverse

Ok. So i managed it with using an FC1 AD_DT_TM, adding simply dummy TD variable to my TIME variable. It was a easiest and fastest way i think, because i had quite big amount of tags to display.