Embedded objects in FT Studio

amartins

I need to open an existing excel spreadsheet and either highlight or display a certain row of information depending on which tag initiated the 'open' excel spreadsheet command. Any ideas?

Thanks for the links but these appear to be more about generating excel files from FT systems rather than opening / displaying an existing pre-populated excel file.

What I need to do is open up an existing excel file which contains data fields associated to tags that exist within the system. When an alarm is generated in FTAE, I need the FT command to open the excel file, then select the row that is associated with the alarm that was clicked to initiate this command.

Is there a way of using an embedded object or should I be looking to open up excel?