Can't delete RSLOGIX and FACTORYTALK tags

AFPC

Dear all:
In our plant I have an ALLEN BRADLEY PLC 1756-L73 for controlling the plant and an AADVANCE PLC for safeguarding system. For the HMI I have FACTORYTALK monitoring both. For AADVANCE the communication with FACTORYTALK is through an OPC server that uses MODBUS to communicate with the PLC. HMI tags are defined in FACTORYTALK corresponding to the tags in the AADVANCE PLC. Then these HMI tags in FACTORY are used for alarming and graphics connections etc. For the RSLOGIX the controller tags are referred to directly by FACTORYTALK.
Recently we decommissioned two pumps. I wanted to remove every thing related to them in the system. I removed all the logic , the graphics, the alarms , data log... etc that is related to them. When I wanted to remove the tags I couldn't remove some tags from RSLOGIX online. I got a message that these tags are being used. The same happened when I wanted to remove the HMI tags used by FACTORYTALK to connect to the AADVANCE PLC tags. I'm sure I have removed all the references to these tags.

As all the tags that I was denied to delete look to have something to do with alarming, could it be that the alarm server is still monitoring them?
How can I delete RSLOGIX tags from the alarm server?
WHat about factory talk HMI tags? I stopped the data logging and restarted it. I stopped alarming together then restarted it but the problem persisted.
Any suggestions?

Is there an option for the alarm server to Start on windows or Start on client connects? Then change and restart pc, then services are stopped. I have used this for other cases than yours though..

Is there an option for the alarm server to Start on windows or Start on client connects? Then change and restart pc, then services are stopped. I have used this for other cases than yours though..
Thank you for the response
The problem that by restarting the server machine, the operators will be blind for a while to the critical measurements from the AADVANCE. The safety standards of our company don't allow that even for a brief minute without shutting down the plant.

The option exists to delete the unused tag(s) in an up-to-date offline file and then download to the processor. This would require downtime on the machine, but would force the communication process (e.g., RS-Linx) to refresh its connection with the machine. Assuming the deleted tags are no longer referenced by server processes, all should be OK.

The option exists to delete the unused tag(s) in an up-to-date offline file and then download to the processor. This would require downtime on the machine, but would force the communication process (e.g., RS-Linx) to refresh its connection with the machine. Assuming the deleted tags are no longer referenced by server processes, all should be OK.

Thank you for the response. But this will need a plant shutdown.