Compactlogix L32E

What have you tried?
Used a USB to RS23 conector. No response

Do you have RSLinx?
Yep. I cant assign an IP

Do you have a BOOTP server to assign IP?
yep but IP is not asigned

Is this new unit or trying to connect to a existing unit?

If it's already been programmed then BOOTP may be disabled.

If new make sure the computer and plc are directly connected, its best to do without a router or switch unless you know for sure there is no DHCP server running. Make sure you disable antivirus, run BOOTP tool with administrative privilege. You should see the MAC address in list show up.

If you do not know the IP you'll have to use a packet sniffer like Wireshark to possibly see the broadcast IP when the controller boots.

Did it not show up in RSLinx when you tried with RS-232? And is the error light on after the processor has powered up? I guess it would also be good to ask if you're familiar with Allen Bradley products, or is this your first experience using them?