AB: 2080-MOT-HSC, High Speed Counter for Micro850

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
I can't get the encoder pulses to show up on the function block when I'm in "de-bugging" mode, which is the on-line mode of the software. I suspect it could be the encoder that I'm using. It only has 3 wires, +vdc, com, and A. I'm using a simple "count-up" UDFB. I can see the values change when I enable the counter, and when I "start" the counter, but the "Accumulator" variable stays at 0 when I'm turning the shaft.

More info:
Slot ID: 2
Noise...: 00 (no filter)
Mode: 0

There is so little info on the internet about this card. Can anyone help? I'm very frustrated, and the customer is losing patience. Thanks!

Brian

IMG_20150202_111408582.jpg IMG_20150202_111310814.jpg IMG_20150202_111542698.jpg

Gary,

I've attached the high preset value, it's highlighted in blue in the pic. I even threw in a starting value, just to make sure. The Logical value of this variable is 140737488355326. Maybe I'm confused.... This is the value they're talking about, right?

Brian

IMG_20150202_133914185.jpg

danatomega,

Yes, I've read that many times.... The function block in my initial post is the downloaded function block. You can see in the detail of the pic that the PLC has confirmed the presence of the HSC card in slot #2 (IDCheck) and the counter is initialized and is ready to count (Initialized = True).

Brian

Maybe wiring is my issue. Here is a picture out of the manual for wiring the card. I have +24 volts and common going to the encoder..... A going from the encoder to the A terminal on the card.... common going from the power supply to the 0- terminal on the card. Three wires is all on the encoder (see previous picture).

Brian

IMG_20150202_130719863.jpg

Last edited:
I know nothing about this encoder or module but looking at your image .....698 I fail to see a connection for the 0 volts on the module to the 0 volts of the power supply. Maybe there is an internal connection that I am overlooking.

I almost looks like you would need an A+ and an A- wire from the encoder. Maybe you could try connecting the A lead from the encoder to the A- terminal on the module to see if that will work. Use this info at your own risk, as I said I am not familiar with either one. This encoder type may just not work with this type module.