PowerFlex input Phase loss

bornwild

Hey all,

We had some problem few days back when one of the input 380 line was missing and still the drive didnt show up any alarm. Ofcourse the motor was not turning but what are the parameters which need to be set input phase loss action .Isnt the option setup by default.

As I said in that older thread, the only way a PowerFlex drive knows if there is a phase loss is by monitoring the DC bus ripple, which is tied to the load on the drive. No load, low ripple, no detection. This is why you can use any PowerFlex drive with a single phase input to run a 3 phase motor, as long as you at least double the size of the drive compared to the load (smaller cheaper drives like the 4, 40 or 52x require 65% de-rate because there is no DC choke). There is a parameter (different for each series) that will allow the drive to signal that this was the cause of a trip, if it trips at all, but in your situation with no load on the drive, that would not have triggered.

hi i have a problem in powerflex 40 drive

i have 3 phase powerflex 40 drive but i need to run 3 phase 220 v motor
when i start the drive F12 error comes

please help me

F12 is hardware over current. You are attempting to do more with that drive than it is capable of and it is preventing you from frying the output transistors. It could be a problem with your load, a problem with your settings, a problem with the wiring, a problem with the drive etc etc. Without more information it's just guesses. I suggest you call AB tech support and have them walk you through a troubleshooting process.

And next time start your own thread rather than hijacking another one.