Factorytalk View ME linked to Active Directory

MatStand

Hi all,

Im having some issues and hope you can help.

A customer wants an existing Panelview Plus connected to their Active Directory.
At the moment (travel restrictions), it is not possible for me to access the site and network.
Is it anyway possible to add windows-linked groups to a server i cannot acces, if i get the stationname, ip-address, etc. and the group names. Then create a .mer file for the customer to download.
If the names are exact, will it be able to auto-detect the server?

Best regards

In Active Directory, the network controller PC has to actively identify and register every client computer that is to be connected to the directory for management purposes. An AD User **can** log on to the network, just with their domain account (DOMAIN\USERNAME), even on a non-AD client, as long as AD is set up to allow that.