panelview 550

Chris Denman

HI I have been dumped a laptop and pv550 but cannot find the driver in lynx drop down that I remember using a long time ago I think it was df1 point to point for com 1 it does not apear to be in the lynx drop down selection of drivers but has some other df1 none of which work any advice or help would be great thanks.
(I am using the serial link from comm port on laptop)

Make sure you are using the correct cable. If the serial cable works on RSLinx and an SLC500 you got the wrong cable for programming a PV. You are using Panelbuilder software, yes/no? PB uses it's own communications if I remember correctly. I am not sure, but if it is a serial to PLC connection you may not see it in RSLinx. I am not in the office today so I can't check much more.
John

It could be 1 of 2 drivers for the PV550 if I remember right. The DF1 driver is called "RS-232 DF1" pr something to that effect. The panelview could also use the 1747-PIC driver if the port is DH485. IF you posed the model number we could tell you for sure.

model number is 2711-k5A8 ser H rev B frn 4.41

this forum works! it's the first time I have used it when I am stuck with no other support around.

cheers guys

as far as I know they are not used for priters but would you know what key press to get to the menu from the pv I vaguely remeber this with a panelview 1000 a few years ago the port set up is in the start up menu but can not remember what the keys on the pv to access it.

From the manual

To access Configuration Mode on touch screen terminals:
• press the GoTo Config. Screen button on application screen or
• press the filled box in the lower right corner of the screen
during powerup.

I just tried a few different button press and found it to be the left and right arrow simultaneous to get to config screen
and printing was indeed enabled
thankyou guys for the words of wisdom
I will come back shortly when I have done a bit more to it.

ok now I getting some where (it's a long time since I did this type of stuff) now I am getting drop down menu com setting that I remember in panelbuilder but it is saying df1 point to point com4? not com 1 how do you change this in panel builder 32 or linx or somewhere else?

It's saying COM4 because that's what you have available on your computer as a COM port. Go to your 'Start-Control Panel-System-Hardware-Device Manager' and check out the COM ports.

Ignore my last post I forgot linx was running a driver that I had tried before I have stopped it and deleted it for now and got the df1 com1 option in panelbuilder 32 download now but the dammed thing still will not talk to it, still same message about checking cable etc... (yes I have checked it!) (2-2 3-3 and screen)

any ideas floating about?
thanks guys

I have just tried another laptop with panelbuilder 32 on it and when I try to up load with that one it say's there are no drivers available? I do not know how you can get rid of the internal panelbuilder drivers unless somebody has been in deleting things from where they shouldn't.. This is getting on my nerves now I am going to verify with a known working laptop and Panel view

HI guys thanks for help from all, I have got the little rascal working now I had set the baud rate on the comms screen in the panelview config menu to the panelbuilder 32 driver setup speed (which was wrong thing to do as it is for the dh+ stuff) I should have setup on the baud on the printer setup screen in the config menu ooops, lack of practice I put will this down as.
regards
Chris