Exor RS-485 Communication issues.

Sprayman

Hi all,

I have been having a frustrating time communicating between my esmart04 HMI and my Productivity P1-540 PLC.

Currently, I am simply just trying to see any sort of communication between them using some simple read/write commands.

I have attached images to show my settings.

I have done RS-485 comms on the Exor before and have not had any issues.

I even copied a setup where this works to my setup and it did not work.

My DB9 wiring is pin 7/8 -> TX/RX+ 3/4-> TX/RX- and 1 -> Gnd

I am at my wit's end here. Any advice or suggestions would be amazing.

I can provide any more info as needed.

Thank you.

Exor RTU Settings.PNG Exor Tag Data.PNG PLC Address settings.PNG PLC Modus Settings.PNG Exor Wiring.PNG

I advise you to download MBPOLL Windows utility ant try to connect this Windows utility so you can check all comms patameter. The tool is inexpensive and it even has an evaluation mode. You could even download sone serial sniffer if you cannot connect MBPOLL

I'm not proficient with Exor and Productivity, but looking at picture "Exor RTU Settings.PNG" I've seen that you have selected the speed that can be used only with 4-wire/full- duplex and that is possibility that usually equipment does not support. Also I would try to lower number of blocks that are transmitted.

Last edited: