Unable to edit Factory Talk View ME application

FinlaySGS

When I open a ME application in Factory Talk View Studio 7 (CPR9 SR6) I can view everything as expected in the explorer window but when I double click or right click on any item nothing happens! So I cant view any displays etc.

I can use the test application feature and that works fine, I just can edit the application.

I have tried the usual uninstall/reboot etc, any suggestions?

Last edited:
Is it possible you have used 2 monitors on the project in the past?

I have had instances before when I have been using my laptop with an additional monitor, and the displays have been trying to open on the other monitor, even though its not connected.

Cheers

Mark

Also check to make sure all the objects weren't incorporated into the wallpaper.

Open the display and click "Edit" on the top drop down menus, go to the "Wallpaper" selection and see if "Unlock All Wallpaper" is greyed out. If it isn't greyed out, meaning you can select it, try clicking it and see if it unlocks the objects on the display.

You will have to do that for each display individually if that is the issue.

Thanks guys, I tried those with no success then accepted defeat shortly after.

I reinstalled FTView on a VM and worked first time. There is something installed on my workstation that the automated uninstall process (removing each individual FactoryTalk program through control panel/add-remove programs) doesn't clean up properly.