memory latch with a timer

I want to take my foot off the foot pedal after I step on it and still have the timer finish it's cycle.

redmanrh

That is how a TOF or OFF timer works, it starts timing when you remove your foot from the foot-switch, you don't need to seal or latch it in. Sounds like you are just confused on the operation of the timed bits, look at your timer data table while operating the foot-switch and you will figure it out.
I do agree with the others, TON or on delay timers are much less confusing.

Roger

Last edited:
Notice his original logic Roger:

|---] [---+----------( TIMER )
| |
| | TIMER
| +---]/[-----( 15 )

Whether or not redman understood how an off-delay timer operates, he was still requiring that the foot switch be ON for the valve to fire. The off-delay timer would start timing, but its contact became useless once the foot switch input went false.

beerchug

-Eric

I am not familiar with that PLC but here is
my suggestion:

foot_sw trigger
----| |---[osr]----------( )

trigger timer output
----| |--+-|/|------+-----( )
| |
output | | timer
----| |--+ +-----( )

foot_sw : input ("O")