Pop up says

You are running low on system resources
Ease free up some system resources in order to proceed

I got 4gb of memory

Any thoughts ?

Am I just short on memory

Thanks

Mike

RSLinx Classic 2.20 has been obsolete for at least 15 years.

Ideally, install a modern version of RSLinx Classic. For Windows 7, I would insist on at least version 2.55.

It sounds like there are programs running in the background that are taking up CPU and memory resources. Open the Task Manager (control+alt+delete) the go to "Performance" (Windows 7 might call it something different) it will tell you what percent of the CPU is being used and by what. Assuming the CPU resources being used is above 30/40%, make note of what processes are using the most and see if they can be disabled. If so, in Task Manager go to Start up (again, not sure about Windows 7 but I do know you can change was starts automatically) and disable the processes that don't need to be running in the background. It's worth noting that even programs that get used consistently don't need to be in the startup folder. Most of the time a program does not need to be already running to use it later.