Micrologix 1200 firmware discrepancy

The sticker on the side of my PLC says it is a Series C and FRN 6.

In RSLogix 500 under processor status, the OS FRN shows 0.00 and the OS Series shows A.

Shouldn't these match? Any idea where the discrepancy is?

I need series C in order for modbus comms in this controller. I am unable to download my program to the PLC due to error message; download failed, program incompatible. Was thinking this is the reason.

i would try this.
start a new program,
connect to the plc.
go to the config section
read existing plc configuration and see what it is.
hope this helps,
james

Starting a new program still gives me 0.00 and A for Series and FRN.

I must have a setting or configuration off somewhere. I opened the file that was on the controller when I was given it, and it has the correct Series and FRN numbers.

I don't think I've ever encountered that problem with a MicroLogix 1200. There is a possibility that you've been handed a controller with a failed firmware update that is not usable.

The MicroLogix 1200 has a dedicated FAULT LED indicator on the front: what is its state (off, red flashing, red steady) ?

Can you browse it with RSLinx Classic and right-click for the device properties to see what its identity information says about firmware revisions ? Remember that the MicroLogix 1200 has a "DCOMM" button that puts the Channel 0 serial port into the default DF1 Full Duplex 19200/8/N/1/CRC settings.

The method James describes is something I do with unknown SLCs or MicroLogix: "go online" by uploading the program, and use the Read IO Configuration button to let RSLogix 500 read the identities of the CPU and the IO modules (in a modular SLC).

It is my recollection that the MicroLogix 1200 "Series C" was a firmware change only, unlike the MicroLogix 1400 Series B hardware + firmware change.

i would try this.
start a new program,
connect to the plc.
go to the config section
read existing plc configuration and see what it is.
hope this helps,
james

I don't think I've ever encountered that problem with a MicroLogix 1200. There is a possibility that you've been handed a controller with a failed firmware update that is not usable.

The MicroLogix 1200 has a dedicated FAULT LED indicator on the front: what is its state (off, red flashing, red steady) ?

Can you browse it with RSLinx Classic and right-click for the device properties to see what its identity information says about firmware revisions ? Remember that the MicroLogix 1200 has a "DCOMM" button that puts the Channel 0 serial port into the default DF1 Full Duplex 19200/8/N/1/CRC settings.

The method James describes is something I do with unknown SLCs or MicroLogix: "go online" by uploading the program, and use the Read IO Configuration button to let RSLogix 500 read the identities of the CPU and the IO modules (in a modular SLC).

It is my recollection that the MicroLogix 1200 "Series C" was a firmware change only, unlike the MicroLogix 1400 Series B hardware + firmware change.

Looks like when my program failed to download to the controller it put it into remote state. I restarted everything again, uploaded a different program, and the correct specs populate now.

Appears my issue is the controller firmware revision. Rslogix says my program isn't compatible (Modbus master only compatible with FRN 8 or higher). My firmware is 6. Looks like I need to research how to update the firmware.