Balluff BNI004A (I/O Link Master) - Factory settings

JohanM

Hi guys. Do you have some experience with Balluff I/O Link Master BNI004A? I have some problem with it. I cant access his webserver anymore and also hardware works weird. I have to reset it to factory settings, but I can't see any options like reset. Can you help me? :confused:

Can you not access the webserver anymore because you don't have an address or because it's password protected and you don't have the password?

If you don't have the address for the webserver, just use the menu key on the device to look at the IP, and type that IP in your browser. You may need to adjust the IP address of your laptop if the octets are too far outside of your subnet allowance (the PC IP is like 192.168.x.x and the device IP is like 172.68.x.x would likely make your PC unable to directly connect to the device without adjusting the PC IP). If for some reason you can't use screen/keypad of the device, you may be able to find the IP using the command console of the PC and the command "a -arp". This will list all of the mac addresses and their associated IPs on each active NIC card on the PC. If you only have one connection between the PC and the device, then it may display the IP address of the block if its within range of the subnet.