You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 11th, 2018, 10:51 PM   #1
khlid11
Yemen

upload its program from B&R X20CP0292 By using Automation Studio 4.3

Hi,
I have a B&R Cpu X20CP0292 .I need to upload the program from CPU tp my PC by using Automation Studio 4.3 Any one could help me to get the procedure and the setting connection by using ethernet cable?

Many thanks in advance
Old November 11th, 2018, 11:25 PM   #2
seth350
United States

Unless the source code was saved in the CPU, you won’t be able to upload the program.
This being a compact CPU with only 3mb of user memory, I would say that it is unlikely to store the source code on the CPU.

Making the connection to it should be simple if you know the IP address.
In Automation Studio, go to Online, then Settings. A window should appear for you showing any preconfigured connections. It should too automatically scan for any devices and then display them in a window for you if you are connected locally to the PLC and not across routers or vlans.

If no devices are found or the configured list is empty, you can add a connection to the list by clicking the Add TCP Connection, then enter the IP address.

Once connected to the cpu, you will need to search through the menu at the top of the software and look for Upload Source Code From Device. Again, it’s unlikely the source code is there.
Old November 12th, 2018, 12:15 AM   #3
khlid11
Yemen

Many thanks
Yes I have the CPU IP address but I want the procedure how to upload the program from CPU X20CP0292 to my PC?
and also the software can i used to upload are Automation Studio 4.3 or PVI 4.3?
many thanks in advance
Old November 12th, 2018, 06:49 AM   #4
seth350
United States

You will need to use Automation Studio. See my post above for the procedure.
You can call your local B&R tech support too.
Old November 16th, 2018, 07:54 AM   #5
khlid11
Yemen

Thanks very much
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum