Is there any Siemens Step 7 simulation software?

There are two way to get S7 simulation sofware connected to non-siemens SCADA.

1. S7-PLCSIM + SIMATIC NET

I need to connect Citect SCADA to S7-PLCSIM and I have SIMATIC NET (NCM and Step7 too).

In Citect SCADA I use S7NT protocol, in which I set connection name, e.g. "MYS7PLC". Then in NetPro I insert PC Station with Application and IE General, and create S7 Connection for Application with Local ID "MYS7PLC". Then I download or import the configuration to Station Configurator.

Now the problem: if I try to specify the same IP address for both the PLC (PLCSIM) and the PC Station - it says loopback not allowed. If I try to run the PLCSIM on another computer (PG/PC Interface on computer with PLCSIM - S7 Online --> PLCSIM (RFC1006) ; on computer with Citect and Simatic NET - TCP/IP(Auto) -> MyEthernetCard ) - then no communication.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I've written a program that extends PLCSim with a network interface.
It's available at Sourceforge (with sourcecode):

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/nettoplcsim/

I'm sorry it's all in german, but there is nothing much to do than simply start this program (and PLCSim).

It will work with most drivers which use S7-communication.
I's tested with Intouch DASSIDirect, WinCC, WinCCflexible, Adroit and Zenon.

I think the communication which DrewBul posted would be Fetch/Write, but I'm not sure. This would not work with nettoplcsim.

hmm...,how about s7-plc sim -winflex? any idea ?

When WinCC Flexible and PLCSim are running on the same PC, you need no additional software to connect them together. Start PLCSim, start the WinCC flex runtime and it works. Your S7 program and the hmi station have to be in the same project.

This also applies when you want to simulate WinCC (no flex ;-) with PLCSim. But in WinCC you have to change the driver, see WinCC manual for details.