Help Red Lion Make the G3 Better.

I haven't been so far, but that might be easier that directly assigning PLC tags the way I have been. I will look into that and then you follow up how-to.

Creating and duplicating/modifying tags isn't the problem, though, as most responses seem to focus. The problem is re-associating a tag with a primitive.

For example, if I have four buttons, I would like to:
1. Make one button and assign the various color and action tags such as "North.Cylinder.Extend" and "North.Cyclinder.AtExtended"
2. Copy this button to three other places on the same screen
3. Select one of the buttons and do a find/replace "North" with "South".

Nope, I'm not talking about duplicating tags. My method is for re-associating one tag group to another tag group on a page wide scale. It will work for what you are trying to do, but isn't all that useful for such a simple thing.

However, for the example you gave to have one button with several tags that you can copy and associate with different tag groups - that is what widgets were created for. A much more complicated example than yours...

I have a widget created for a 11X and 11Y pairs Function Generator along with several other tags. This is around 25-30 tags. All the tags for each Function Generator are in one folder, but I have 10+ Function Generators. The widget is bound to one folder, then copied somewhere else and re-associated with another folder.

In your Case, North should be a folder. Under that folder should be another folder Cylinder. Under that folder should be all the tags associated with that Cylinder. Get your button configured the way you want it and widgetize it. Instructions for creating and using a widget are in the manual.

Another feature that would be appreciated. My operators keep asking if the alarm banner could be set so it would not flash with an active alarm - just display it. It is annoying and distracting. The blink rate is too fast for reading the fault. A "Disable Flash" check box would be great.

Another feature that would be appreciated. My operators keep asking if the alarm banner could be set so it would not flash with an active alarm - just display it. It is annoying and distracting. The blink rate is too fast for reading the fault. A "Disable Flash" check box would be great.

This is something that will be in the next release, which is currently being tested and should be released in a week or so. You will be able to completely disable the blinking or adjust the rate; you will also be able to adjust the time it shows an alarm before transitioning to the next.

Regards,
Dan

Alarm Ticker.PNG

As Jim mentioned, widgets are the best option at this point. Here is a link to a TechNote that covers some advanced Widget functionality like Folder Binding (what will help you in this application): http://files.redlion.net/filedepot_download/1299/7051
I be lovin me some widgets this morning! :nodi: :p

This accomplished what I wanted and more. Not only was I able to do my "tag reassignments" faster, I am far more confident my HMI devices are accurately assigned. This means I'm far more likely to find any errors or oversights I might have will be in my PLC code rather than in the HMI code.

Thanks Red Lion Team! 🍻
And thanks JHarbin, too! 🍺

Last edited:
I have been working with a ProducTVity station for about 6 months. My customers are really starting to like it. However, there are some outdated shortcomings and I was wondering if an updated model would be available in the future. Here are some suggestions.
1. Higher resolution and HDMI connectors
2. Wireless mouse and keyboard support
3. The ability to change the mouse cursor or the size and color
4. More USB Host ports and support for USB2 and USB3.
5. HTTPS support for the web server.
6. Change the Compact FLASH to SD
7. Upgrade to long file name support from the 8 character restriction