Help Red Lion Make the G3 Better.

Here are a few more features that I have on my Crimson 3.0 wish list:

1. Ability to save list of tags for the Watch Window. It takes some time to pick each tag that I want to show in the watch window. If I could save the list of tags and then pick one of my previously saved list it would be great.
  2. Globally apply changes to used Widgets. Once I make a Widget, save it then add 50 instances of it in my project it never fails, I find one small item that needs to be changed. It would be nice if I could make the change to one and have it apply my change to all instances of this widget in my project. Of course this would have to be an option. Maybe the option would be to create a new version or update all existing instances in use.
  3. Categories for Alarms and Events. I would like to be able to only display certain Alarms or Events with the Event Viewer. For example, I would like to be able to separate my process alarms from my system alarms and have these display in two separate event viewer windows. Maybe adding a filter property the Event Viewer primitive which would allow me to filter the displayed events to only show the ones that contain the filter text would work.

A web browser is on the wish list.

1. I will add this request. For the time being, if Crimson remains open, the contents of the watch list stay intact. You can reopen the list by clicking the binoculars in the toolbar.
2. This item is on the wish list as well, I will add your name to it.
3. This is another item on the wish list, I will add your name to it.

The Windows 10 touchscreen fix is coming, not in the next build, but the following. During our testing, it was discovered that it will run, but it takes upwards of 3 minutes for the splash screen to disappear when the touchscreen is enabled. Once the registration is completed, the

Regards,
Dan

here are a few more features that i have on my crimson 3.0 wish list:

[*]categories for alarms and events. I would like to be able to only display certain alarms or events with the event viewer. For example, i would like to be able to separate my process alarms from my system alarms and have these display in two separate event viewer windows. Maybe adding a filter property the event viewer primitive which would allow me to filter the displayed events to only show the ones that contain the filter text would work.

+1

This may have been covered previously, but the ability to do a tag "find and replace" would be sweet. Right now I have about 75 tag references I have to change, one-by-one. If I had this feature, I could do all of them in about 30 seconds.

This may have been covered previously, but the ability to do a tag "find and replace" would be sweet. Right now I have about 75 tag references I have to change, one-by-one. If I had this feature, I could do all of them in about 30 seconds.

Are you wanting to replace a tag or just rename a tag? If you want to replace a one tag reference for another one, here is a trick.

1. Create a copy of your configuration.
2. Delete the original tag from the database
3. Rename the new tag the same name as the original tag. Now all 75 places it is used points to the new tag.
4. Rename the new tag to its old name
5. Drag the original tag back into this configuration from your backup.

If you are trying to do something else, let me know, I may have come up with other tricks...

Yes, I'm not eliminating any tags, just replacing the reference. For example, I have four machine components that are identical but controlled separately. On a single screen I display adjustments and feedback for all four. I have UDTs in my PLC so that each has exactly the same tags but different base references such as North.AccelRate, South.AccelRate, East.AccelRate, and West.AccelRate.

I want to create a single panel with all the controls and feedback for the North component, copy it to the other three locations, and then re-reference each with find/replace "North" with "South" and so on.

Yes, I'm not eliminating any tags, just replacing the reference. For example, I have four machine components that are identical but controlled separately. On a single screen I display adjustments and feedback for all four. I have UDTs in my PLC so that each has exactly the same tags but different base references such as North.AccelRate, South.AccelRate, East.AccelRate, and West.AccelRate.

I want to create a single panel with all the controls and feedback for the North component, copy it to the other three locations, and then re-reference each with find/replace "North" with "South" and so on.

You could widgetize your page, but I think my method would still work.

Are North, South, East, and West folders?

If North, South, East, and West are Folders you can do the following. This assumes all folders are already created with tags pointing to the right place.

1. Create your page with all the North Tags
2. Save a copy of this configuration
3. Delete the North Folder - you will get errors on your North Page
4. Rename the South Folder to North.
5. You may need to recompile your database, but the North page will now be correct.
6. Rename the North Page whatever you want to call it for South.
7. Rename the current North Folder back to South (remember it was originally South)
8. Copy North Page from backup configuration. It will show errors because the North Folder is gone.
9. Rename East Folder to North (recompile if necessary)
10. Name the North Page to whatever you want to call it for East.
11. Rename the North Folder back to East.
12. Do 8 - 11 for West.
13. Copy North Folder from Backup
14. Copy North Page from Backup
15. If you have followed the steps properly, you will have all four Tag Folders and all four Pages populated with the correct tags.

Your probably right. Save the .cd3 then run it through the utility to save it as a .CD2 simple notebook find and replace.

Your probably right. Save the .cd3 then run it through the utility to save it as a .CD2 simple notebook find and replace.

I like my method better. It took me longer to type the instructions than it would to do it.

But that's the beauty of what we do, everyone can have his own favorite way to accomplish the task.

You could widgetize your page, but I think my method would still work.

Are North, South, East, and West folders?
I haven't been so far, but that might be easier that directly assigning PLC tags the way I have been. I will look into that and then you follow up how-to.

Creating and duplicating/modifying tags isn't the problem, though, as most responses seem to focus. The problem is re-associating a tag with a primitive.

For example, if I have four buttons, I would like to:
1. Make one button and assign the various color and action tags such as "North.Cylinder.Extend" and "North.Cyclinder.AtExtended"
2. Copy this button to three other places on the same screen
3. Select one of the buttons and do a find/replace "North" with "South".