Help Red Lion Make the G3 Better.

You can use a tag's fore/background color for virtually anything on the display, and that tag's fore/background color could be set for multi-state. It is an extra step, but easier than writing the complex statements.

Regards,
Dan

I see that, thanks. However, that restricts you to using one tag, instead of a group of boolean tags. Of course, I could move the complex statement to a numeric tag instead, and then use that for the fore/background colors on the primitive.

Hello - I am trying to help a customer configure the Ethernet driver on a G307K200 HMI to talk to an Omron CJ2M plc. He is new to the Omron software and has a working ladder logic program. We are not sure how to configure the PLC Ethernet port so we can use the Crimson Master via FINS Ethernet driver...

Would anyone have a working sample database for the PLC and HMI?

Thank You!
Mark Paulus

use the Fins Master Protocol

important to match up the UDP Port settings. If you have multiple omron devices using the same protocol, the UDP ports have to be different. I think it defaults to port 9600.

Looks like we got it figured out with a few screen shots from RLC support. The main issue was setting up the Routing Table Network in the PLC. Then getting the correct information in the G3 FINS driver for the Source/Destination Network, Node, and Unit.

Thanks!

I would like to see a feature that would allow you to hover over an object for a period of time and open a balloon. Similar to the crimson software. This would allow you to place help instruction in the HMI.

I would like to see a feature that would allow you to hover over an object for a period of time and open a balloon. Similar to the crimson software. This would allow you to place help instruction in the HMI.

How would you hover with your finger on a touchscreen and not activate the action associated with it?

Sorry I was unclear with that. We use applications where we interface to DSP’s and modular controller through a web browser. This requires us to use a mouse to interface to the unit. I understand this wouldn't be very helpful on a touch screen.

I've done help layers with a button on the side of the screen that triggers the visibility of elements that are on top of the button in question.

What they really could use is the ability to place popups wherever one wanted on the HMI, particularly with the ability to do so at run time.

How about transparency? I would like to, for example, have a rectangle (or similar) over top another object (or series of objects) and adjust the transparency of the rectangle to dim the controls underneath.

We use a lot of Redlion G3s at out plant. We like using the alarm banner for faults and notification - one big complaint I have had from operators is if I can stop it from flashing. It can be very distraction and they don't always have time to read the fault when it is flashing. Is there a way to disable the flashing or to make it an option on the setup?

Could you automatically accept the alarm using the "AlarmAccept" functions? Then in the banner properties set the "Blink Acknowledged Alarms" to NO.

I do use the auto accept. I used the wrong term it is actually the "Alarm Ticker" that I would like to control the flashing on. We have it on the bottom of the panel to alert/prompt the operator and it would be great if it did not have to blink all the time. It REALLY bugs some of the operators.

I attached a database, just run the Emulator and change the tag to ON. You may or may not be able to use this method in your database. I know it's a little "hacky", but it may get you what you want.