Audit Trail Feature for FTView ME

I am trying to Implement RA's 21CFR11 Audit Feature for View ME stations using Asset Centre. The feature has been working as expected, however my log is being filled with heartbeat messages. We use the "Hearbeat signal to controller" method mentioned in KB Article 479656, where the ME station writes to the Controller using the Remote tag feature in Global connections. The Tag update rate is set to 2 seconds. Since this is considered as data change to the tag, the ME is logging this in the Audit. I could increase the tag update rate, but it would still end up cluttering my log as I plan to use around 20 PV+ panels.
1. I am not in favor of disabling the hearbeat feature, as this is a safety feature and would bring the machine to a controlled stop if the controller realizes that communications have been lost. There is an E-Stop for the operator if comms have been lost, but it is a hard stop. I would like to find if there is a different way of achieving heartbeat without using the Remote Tag feature or adding the PV+ in I/O tree as it is not recommended by RA.
2. Is there a possible way of differentiating data change made by operator vs data change made by the ME station itself, so that Asset Centre can filter data change by system and only log data change made by an operator.