Beijer 1071

Benyamin

Hello,
Can somebody tell me how to backup/transfer program from Beijer 1071 Panel Operator/HMI to a CF Card and vise versa?
Thank you.

Benyamin

Perhaps you should post this into the main Q&A, anyway if I remember correctly to back up you really need E-Designer, however, there is a way. power down the HMI, select dip switch 1 to on (I think) then re-boot, it will come up with a screen allowing upload/download from memory card. The card needs to be configured with directories & must be FAT32. I have never uploaded only downloaded so don't know if you can, the file will be a dat file so cannot be edited. the best way (assuming no password) is to use E-designer to upload the project then you can export it to a DAT file & put it onto a flash or USB card.
If I remember correctly, if you plug a clean card into the HMI & wait for a while it will configure the directories for you.

Having tested it on a spare HMI, you can only download a saved project from a usb or card.
You can't upload the project without the E Designer software.

The help on E designer is not very good although it implies you can. However, I have just loaded a project & set up a function key and there is a function to upload application to USB, so it can be done if programmed in a function key, however as I do not have a spare HMI I cannot try to upload to USB from the program transfer screen when booted up with Dip switch 1 on, I know you can transfer from USB this way but not checked if you can transfer to USB. When I get a chance I will try it (spare HMI available that is).