Help with TCP/IP connection between PLC and Telesis controller

jdmcpher

Hello, as the title stated I'm running into a problem with socket messaging a Telesis TMC470 controller and a 1769-L18ERM-BB1B using TCP/IP over an ethernet connection.

I get an error code of 16#0001 and a extended error code of 16#0007_0311. I have tried shrinking the program down to just a single MSG block which runs once and deletes all sockets but this has still produced the same error code.

I'm new to PLC programming so I might just be missing something very obvious here so I'm grateful for any help.

Telesis pin-stampers are available with Ethernet/IP as an option. IIRC they use a Anybus module and it can be kind of tricky to communicate with, any chance thats what you have??

I'm using version 28.012, I have been using that manual for alot of this, and I'm not quite sure if it has a Anybus. Is there anyway I can check? or assuming that I do have one with Anybus as the model I'm using is fresh from the box how would I go about communicating with it?

If its not too late or you aren't requested to use Telesis by the customer, use CMT's I-Mark products. They're all around better and they have native EtherNet/IP support, not an Anybus module.

I know because I designed and make them.

Click Here

Apologies for the advertisement.

Unfortunately we have 12 Telesis machines here and the final product which uses them will be shipped out within a week and a bit so replacing the Telesis machines is not an option.

Also thank you for the manual, I'm looking through it now.

I went over my list of error codes and I don't recall seen this specific code, but all other 3xx errors are pointing to the incorrectly formatted source UDT tag.

You should use demo code provided in the knowledge base article 32962 and then use AOIs available in the KB.