Help understanding compact logix network setup

bendanator

Hello Everyone,

Just need some help with understanding something.

Info: I had a compact logix L32E processor faulting and would not reset and could not connect to the processor or see it on the network. I eventually worked to the idea that it was the processor that was the problem. When I switched out the processor and downloaded the program I could finally connect to the plc but could not see any other devices over the network which in this setup is a panel view plus and a Powerflex 525 VFD. I have photos I hopefully attach correctly at the bottom. But in the I/O configuration there is 1769-L32E port LocalENB which sets up the connect to the PowerFlex 525 and other devices. But as I opened the module properties and went to port configuration the
IP address was set to 10.10.131.1
Subnet mask 255.255.248.0
Gateway address 10.10.120.1
Powerflex IP address from the pervious set up is 138.150.100.3
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Was wondering why the processor port configuration changed with the new processor card. I would have thought downloading the program would have kept the addressing. Would I have to do this with every processor change? Or why did it change?
Any other info I’ll do my best to proved. Thanks

View attachment 0168D4C6-8545-489A-A75C-E03A9E1AEB05.jpg
View attachment D022FBFE-E0FC-4916-9E2D-3BFCB4B1079A.jpg

Address is set independently, a program download does not set it. It appears that processor may have been pulled from another system, previously configured. Regardless, it won't communicate with that PF in that configuration.