Configuring an ASB Module for a 1771 Chassis

In say a PLC5 system, You can have 2 seperate racks using 1 slot addressing with Complimentary I/O. Both racks will have the same Rack address but one rack will have input cards and the other will have output cards. Or any combination of input and output cards as long as they are oposite.

Most of the time its used because there are no more Rack address available and more I/O is needed.

No reason to be worried about it but for sure there is no reason to use it unless you have mega I/O and need the available address.

Similar Topics

Can anyone point out a source of information about configuring basic RIO (to an ASB) communication (using RSLogix5). I'm using a PLC 5/30. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello all and happy Friday, I'm curious if anyone here has experience sending data over an Anybus Bolt II (HMS AWB6001-A) using a Compact Logix...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am looking for an easier way to configure all my IO for an OPTO22 PLC. I am developing in Codesys I have a GRV-EPIC-PR1 with a...
Replies
Views
Greetings to all. We have SST-SR4-CLX-RLL (Molex Modbus module) in remote backplane. The remote backplane, containing SST-SR4-CLX-RLL module, is...
Replies
Views
disclaimer- 1,no one in their right mind would pick this configuration but I want to try and get it working. 2, my MB knowledge is sketchy at...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom