Transferring from program from one OP Panel to the Other

Chineme

I have a siemens Simatic panel OP170B Mono in the plant and I need to transfer the program on that panel to another new panel of the same kind.

Any ideas on how to proceed.

(the old panel has its screen permanently dimmed.)

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Hello Chineme.

Can you see anything on the screen of the old OP170B ?
If yes, then you can transfer the program by means of a compactflash card. When the OP170B starts up, it briefly displays a menu with Transfer - Start - Control Panel. Before the runtime application starts automatically, use TAB to select Control Panel and then use ENTER.
You then have Windows Control Panel, where you can find the Backup/Restore applet. Use backup to save to the CF card from the old OP170B. Then repeat the same on the new OP170B, except this time use Restore in stead of Backup.

Another possibility is to use Prosave which can be downloaded for free from Siemens. You need a null-modem cable.
If the screen on the old OP170B is completely off, then I think you can still use ProSave to upload an image, even if you cannot navigate the screen. You may have to reboot the old OP170B, then start Prosave at the right time.

upgrade panel op170b to kp700

hi, I have a siemens Simatic panel OP170B Mono in the plant and I need to transfer the program on that panel to another new panel KP700.

its that possible?

thank you.

hi, I have a siemens Simatic panel OP170B Mono in the plant and I need to transfer the program on that panel to another new panel KP700.

its that possible?

thank you.

Please create a new thread instead of posting in one that is ages old, when you have a new problem.

The OP170B and KP700 are not directly compatible, so the program cannot simply be copied over.

If you have the OP170B program, it can be migrated to the KP700. However, since the KP700 is 16:9 and the older panel is 4:3, the graphics may need to be adjusted to accomodate. WinCC Basic is the software package you need for the KP700, and it has a variety of ways the screens can be resized, to match your preferences. You will need WinCC Flexible as well, and possibly Protool, to migrate the file, depending how old it is.

If you do not have the OP170B program, it is possible you may be able to load if off the panel. However, backtransfer needs to have been enabled when it was downloaded, and some memory media needs to be in the panel to store the file. Backtransfer is off by default, so this is typically unlikely.

please create a new thread instead of posting in one that is ages old, when you have a new problem.

The op170b and kp700 are not directly compatible, so the program cannot simply be copied over.

If you have the op170b program, it can be migrated to the kp700. However, since the kp700 is 16:9 and the older panel is 4:3, the graphics may need to be adjusted to accomodate. Wincc basic is the software package you need for the kp700, and it has a variety of ways the screens can be resized, to match your preferences. You will need wincc flexible as well, and possibly protool, to migrate the file, depending how old it is.

If you do not have the op170b program, it is possible you may be able to load if off the panel. However, backtransfer needs to have been enabled when it was downloaded, and some memory media needs to be in the panel to store the file. Backtransfer is off by default, so this is typically unlikely.

thank you.