Problem with Armorstart and 193-DNCT Commissioning

liberati

I am having issues with communicating with some armorstarts that I am working with.

The part number is: 284D-FHB4P5D-10-RR

This is a 240VAC power and 120VAC control power.

My wiring for the 240VAC is correct as is the 120VAC I believe. I have 120VAC and 240VAC power to the device and am getting no fault lights.

The network light however always stays unlit. As I change the him configuration sometimes the network light will blink green then red then off and I will then get a fault light blink that goes away ( doesn't seem to correspond to an armorstart blink code.

Below is the current hookup.

I am using the 193-DNCT (him config tool) connected to a 1485G-P6N5-C (armorstart devicenet cable)

I have also hooked up a 24V external supply. +24 on red and Com on black.

I am getting no faults on the him module and I am getting no faults on the armorstart.

I have tried multiple things listed below.

1. Set armorstart to a node greater than 0 and less than 63. Set hmi to an address that is not a duplicate and set baud rate to 125K, 250K, and 500K.

2. Set armorstart to node to 99 (default factory setting) set him to 125K, 250K, 500K and used a node greater than 0 but less than 63. Have also done the same thing but set node to auto.

3. Set armorstart to node above 0 but below 63 and set him baud to auto and node to auto.

4. Set armorstart to node 99 and set him baud to auto and him node to auto.

I spoke with Rockwell reps who said that this is the correct setup but since it is the weekend they offer no support for them.

I have tried troubleshooting everything I can and am at my ends on this.

One thing is that the techs have told me I do not need a terminating resistor because I am going directly to the armorstart and there should not be any noise however I cannot find any documentation that confirms or denies this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,