FT View SE Client couldnot read tag values from the rsLogix 500 Emulator

bdauliya

Supporting Member
Good Evening Gentlemen,

we have a FT View SE client running in windows 7 system, now I want to update that system with windows 10. I did the backup of the running client and restored in another PC and opened it on FT view studio 12.

I see the application has OPC Server in it along with displays, TagAE, Rslinx Enterprise etc. The tag has the access path named as "NODE". I haven't changed anything in this application.

I tried to connect to the processor which is SLC 5/05 from the FT Linx inside the FT VIEW Studio but it doesnot show the processor. However, I can see processor in Rslinx classic when I run the .rss file from Rslogix500 Emulator.

So my question is How to see the processor inside FT View studio so that I can get the tag value while running it as a FT Client?

Thanks in Advance.

The SLC 500 emulator is not supported by RSLinx Enterprise (now called FactoryTalk Linx). So you won't be able to do anything in there.

But it can be used through the RSLinx OPC server. You mentioned OPC server so hopefully that has been set up. This also requires a paid version of RSLinx Classic. RSLinx Classic Lite won't work. If you have gone to a new PC, then it is possible the OPC topic hasn't been created.

First, Verify a Topic has been Created
In RSLinx Classic, click on the OPC/DDE menu and select Topic Configuration. Look through the Topic List and find the one that is connected to your SLC emulator. Clicking on the Topic name will show the controller path on the right. Once you have identified the correct topic

Creating a Topic
If you do not see a topic for your SLC, then click New and enter the name for the topic. "NODE" sounds like the name you would need to use. Then on the right select the DH485 emulate driver and then highlight your emulated controller. Click Apply to save.

This should enable OPC communications.

OG

The SLC 500 emulator is not supported by RSLinx Enterprise (now called FactoryTalk Linx). So you won't be able to do anything in there.

But it can be used through the RSLinx OPC server. You mentioned OPC server so hopefully that has been set up. This also requires a paid version of RSLinx Classic. RSLinx Classic Lite won't work. If you have gone to a new PC, then it is possible the OPC topic hasn't been created.

First, Verify a Topic has been Created
In RSLinx Classic, click on the OPC/DDE menu and select Topic Configuration. Look through the Topic List and find the one that is connected to your SLC emulator. Clicking on the Topic name will show the controller path on the right. Once you have identified the correct topic

Creating a Topic
If you do not see a topic for your SLC, then click New and enter the name for the topic. "NODE" sounds like the name you would need to use. Then on the right select the DH485 emulate driver and then highlight your emulated controller. Click Apply to save.

This should enable OPC communications.

OG
Thanks for response. It's working now but I got another issue while running application as a FT View SE client. The tag is not working properly i.e, the tag was supposed to toggle the value but it can't. I see warning in the diagnostics bar at the bottom of the windows which says "The legacy HMI tag alarms are not supported in this version of FT View SE....". What could have gone wrong ?